Learn more about the activities of IHRA Chair Dr. Mario Silva in his latest blog post below.
Read the IHRA Chair's Blog
Follow the IHRA Chair on Twitter
New Post – 24 October 2013
Thanks to IHRA delegates for a successful plenary in Toronto, including the following key decisions to:
- Adopt a working definition of Holocaust denial and distortion [link], which will support the IHRA goal of combating anti-Semitism by more accurately defining this continuing issue;
- Advance the Multi-Year Work Plan with additional funding for research into killing sites outside of the death camps, access to Holocaust archives and to develop capacity for memorial day activities;
- Approve inaugural IHRA working rules;
- Include issues concerning the Roma genocide as part of Country Reporting requirements;
- Raise concerns with appropriate authorities about planned EU regulations for data protection to ensure that they do not result in the destruction of archival material related to the Holocaust;
- Accept Uruguay as a new observer country;
- Establish a Yehuda Bauer Grant to recognize one outstanding project proposal submitted through the IHRA Grant Program each year;
- Prepare annual public Chair reports to highlight achievements of IHRA and member states; and
- Endorse Hungary as the IHRA Chair for 2015.
For more information on the IHRA meetings and events held October 6-10, 2013, please visit the following link: http://www.holocaustremembrance.com/media-room/stories/toronto-plenary-0