“We share a commitment to commemorate the victims of the Holocaust and to honour those who stood against it.”
-- Declaration of the Stockholm International Forum on the Holocaust
On 2 June 2013, the first Holocaust museum in Slovenia was opened in the Lendava Synagogue.
Built in 1866, the synagogue was a place of worship until 1944, when the last members of the Jewish community in the region of Prekmurje were deported to the concentration camps. Since the completion of renovations in 2002 the synagogue has hosted a permanent exhibition on the history of Jews in Lendava. In 2012, the exhibition was enriched to include the history of Jews in the region of Prekmurje.